Đề Thi Olympic Tiếng Anh Năm Học 2013-2014 Lớp 5 Vòng 1
1. Jeremy, Brenda, Wendell, and Gail ran for class president. The graph above shows the number of votes each student received. How many students voted in the election for class president altogether?
A. 29 B. 30 C. 31 D. 32
2. Carmen made the inequalities above to represent the price of one chocolate truffle (n). Which of the following could be the price of the truffle?
A. $0.32 B. $0.34 C. $0.38 D. $0.42
3. Melissa is looking at the poster above to learn the areas of each of the seven continents. Asia is about 3 times bigger than which continent?
A. South America B. Antarctic C. North America D. Europe
4. The track team warms up for practice by jogging through the neighborhood near the school. The coach made the coordinate grid above to show a map of the neighborhood. The team runs from the school along a path that forms a rectangle. Three of the corners of the rectangle are shown on the grid. What are the coordinates of the fourth corner of the rectangle?
A. (2, 5) B. (3, 5) C. (5, 3) D. (5, 4)
5. Karen has square tiles with the design shown above in her kitchen. The picture shows the size of an individual tile. What is the area of each tile in square inches?
A. 8 square inches B. 11 square inches C. 9 square inches D. 10 square inches
6. Mrs. Nelson took a survey of the kinds of sandwiches her students brought for lunch. She created the table above to display her data. What percent of her students brought peanut butter sandwiches?
A. 10 % B. 20 % C. 30 % D. 40 %
7. Timothy is making a paper mobile to display in his bedroom. He draws and cuts out a square with sides that are 4.5 inches long. Next, he draws a regular hexagon with the same perimeter as the square. How long is each side of the regular hexagon?
A. 3 inches B. 6 inches C. 18 inches D. 27 inches
8. Four baby manatees were measured by volunteers at a Florida aquarium. The chart shows the name of each volunteer and the length of the manatee each volunteer measured. Which volunteer measured the longest manatee?
A. Bobby B. Emma C. Maria D. Simon
9. An adult takes about 180 breaths in 15 minutes. A baby takes about 300 breaths in 15 minutes. How many more breaths does a baby take in one hour than an adult takes?
A. 120 B. 480 C. 1,020 D. 1,200
10. For his history project, Matthew made the chart above to show the years some of his favorite toys were invented. Which of the toys was invented first?
A. jigsaw puzzle B. play putty C. teddy bear D. yo-yo